Sunday, January 10, 2010

Granola

I am posting this after a trip the the Winco grocery store with my friend Leslie. We stoped there just to check it out after a shopping trip to IKEA. Nerdy I know but it was sure fun! We were talking about the bulk food and I promised I would share my favorite granola recipe. Here it is:


1 c. oil (canola or olive)


1 c. honey


1 c. brown sugar


15 c. oats (one dry pack cannery)
1 1/2 c. powdered milk
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
Put wet ingredients in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.


While wet ingredients are cooking mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.


Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients coating evenly. Spread the mixture over a cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
You can add raisins, nuts, etc before baking.
**If you don't want to use sugar you could use 2 cups honey instead

No comments: